Quick, flavor-packed skillet chicken in a tasty sauce, just perfect for dinner!
- Yields: 4 Servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 medium – Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 teaspoon – Kosher Salt — divided
- 1/2 teaspoon – Ground Black Pepper — divided
- 2 tablespoons – Extra-Virgin Olive Oil — divided
- 1/2 medium – Red Onion — diced, about 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon – Minced Garlic — about 3 cloves
- 4 cups – Grape Tomatoes, halved or diced Plum Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup – Drained Capers or Green Olives
- 2 tablespoons – Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon – Honey
- 1/4 cup – Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Lightly pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high. Once hot, add the chicken breasts, top-side down, and let cook undisturbed for 4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Flip and cook an additional 4 minutes. Turn again and continue cooking 3 to 5 additional minutes, flipping every few minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. The total cooking time will vary depending upon the thickness of your chicken. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Without wiping the pan, reduce the skillet heat to medium. Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil, swirl to coat the pan, then add the red onion and let cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan as it cooks.
- Add the garlic and let cook 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the tomatoes, capers, red wine vinegar, honey, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Let cook until the tomatoes begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.